Midnight Musings by Sanchari Das – A Collection That Speaks to the Heart

 

There are books we read, enjoy, and move on from. And then there are books that make us stop for a moment because somewhere between the pages, we find a little bit of ourselves.

Midnight Musings by Sanchari Das was that kind of book for me.

This is a beautifully curated collection of poetry that speaks about emotions in a way that feels very personal. Love, longing, heartbreak, memories, questions, pain, hope and all those emotions that we sometimes struggle to put into words find their place in this book.

I enjoyed every single poem. Some of them felt soothing, almost like someone quietly telling you that everything is going to be okay. And then there were poems that hurt. They made me pause and think about things I had probably pushed aside. Because sometimes the truth hurts, but a painful truth hurts even more.

What surprised me the most was how much I could connect with these poems.

Usually, when I read poetry, I find myself trying to understand what the poet is trying to say beneath the words. Sometimes the meaning stays hidden unless you have experienced something similar. But with Midnight Musings, I didn’t have to search too hard. So many poems resonated with me naturally. It felt as though the emotions were already somewhere within me, and Sanchari had simply found the words for them.

I kept wondering how someone could bring so many different emotions together in one collection and still make each poem feel intimate and meaningful. Sanchari Das has done an exceptional job here.

What I particularly loved is that this isn’t a book of poems that you read once and forget. I feel this is the kind of book you can keep on your shelf for years and return to whenever you are in a different phase of life. A poem that means one thing to you today might mean something completely different a few years from now.

And that, to me, is the beauty of poetry.

There were moments while reading when I simply wanted to put the book down for a while and sit with a particular poem. Not because I didn’t understand it, but because I understood it a little too well.

Midnight Musings is emotional without trying too hard to be emotional. It is gentle in some places and painfully honest in others. It allows you to feel, remember, question and sometimes even heal.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this collection and, more importantly, I enjoyed the emotions it brought out in me. It reminded me why I love books that don’t simply tell us a story but make us feel something long after we have closed the book.

For me, Midnight Musings is a five-star read.

If you are someone who loves poetry that feels real, personal and relatable, I would definitely recommend picking this one up. Especially if you enjoy poems that make you think about your own life, your own relationships and the emotions you may not always know how to express.

Thank you, Sanchari Das, for writing such a beautiful collection and for putting so many emotions into words. Midnight Musings is definitely a book I would love to return to again and again.

Have you ever read a poem that felt like it was written especially for something you were going through? I’d love to know which one.


Comments

Popular Posts